We collect Personal Data through various means, including when you:
· voluntarily provide the same to us;
· contact us or request that we contact you;
· access or use the Website;
· access, use, or request for any Services; and
· interact with any of our employees.
Alta shall not knowingly collect or attempt to collect your Personal Data through fraudulent, unlawful, or deceptive practices.
We collect, use, or disclose your Personal Data:
· for the specific purpose(s) for which the Personal Data was provided;
· to enable us to perform our contractual or other obligations to you or any other person accessing or using the Website or Services;
· to comply with any law or regulation applicable to us or request from any regulator, court, or other authority;
· to operate, monitor, improve, or administer the Website or Services;
· to provide you with access to the Website;
· to provide you with the Services or any other services you may request;
· to respond to or otherwise contact you; and
· for any other purpose that that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances. Alta shall not knowingly use your Personal Data for, or to facilitate, any fraudulent, unlawful, or deceptive purpose.
Alta may be required to disclose your Personal Data to its affiliates or to third parties where:
· your have consented to (or may reasonably be deemed to have consented to) such disclosure;
· necessary or otherwise reasonably required to maintain or provide continued access to the Website, the Services, or any other services you may request;
· necessary or otherwise reasonably required for Alta to comply with its legislative or regulatory obligations, any request from a regulator, government body, or other authority, or Alta's own processes and policies;
· necessary or otherwise reasonably required for Alta to perform its obligations under the Website Agreements or other agreements binding upon it;
· necessary or otherwise reasonably required to respond to you, contact you, or otherwise address your requests;
· Alta has reason to believe that doing so will be appropriate or necessary for it to investigate and defend against any third party claims or allegations, or prevent or stop any illegal activity, security breaches, or harm to the Website, Alta's interests, or any Alta employee;
· Alta is the subject of a takeover and your personal information forms part of Alta's assets to be transferred to the acquiring entity; or
· you disclose such information to third parties in the course of accessing or using the Website.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the Personal Data you submit to us. If your Personal Data changes, you may correct it, delete inaccuracies, or amend it by making the relevant changes in your account or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. If you provide any information that is or becomes, or that we may reasonably suspect is, untrue, inaccurate, out of date, or incomplete, we may at our sole discretion discontinue your access to or use of the Website or Services.There may be circumstances where Alta will not correct, delete or update your Personal Data, including where the Personal Data (a) is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose or (b) must still be retained for a business or legal purpose.
Alta has taken reasonable measures to ensure the security of your Personal Data stored with us, whether in electronic or physical form.This includes protecting your Personal Data from improper or unauthorised access, use, disclosure, modification, appropriation, destruction, and loss. Nevertheless, you acknowledge and agree that communications through the Internet are inherently insecure and all Personal Data you transfer to Alta via the Internet is done so at your sole risk. Alta does not warrant, represent, guarantee, or otherwise assure that the Personal Data you provide will never be accessed, copied, used, or disposed of in breach of Alta's security measures, and you agree not to hold Alta or any of its affiliates liable or responsible for any loss or damage resulting therefrom. In the event of such a breach, Alta will, as far as reasonably possible, promptly notify all affected persons.Alta is not responsible, and will not be held liable, for any damage or loss, or misuse, theft, or other compromise of Personal Data, arising directly or indirectly from any unauthorised use of or access to any Member’s electronic devices used to access or use the Website or Services.
You may contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com should you have any further queries.