You’re brilliant. We’re hiring!
Alta is Southeast Asia’s largest private investment technology platform, powering private capital markets for the next generation of entrepreneurs and investors.
At the core of its deal-making expertise lies a proprietary engine, underpinned by artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies. The algorithms syndicate sell-side opportunities to the buy-side and is a leader in this market segment.
Alta is headquartered in Singapore and has a growing presence in 5 countries across the Asia Pacific – Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, India and the Philippines.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team. Depending on business needs and / or personal preferences of the candidate, this role may be based either in Singapore or in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Some things to know before you apply
- We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses
- You will work with a diverse team of experienced professionals from investment banks, private banks or large financial intermediaries and institutions, fund management companies, strategy consulting businesses, as well as former business owners in developing, monitoring and improving products to facilitate the activity of private investing
- Everything we do is focused on helping build the private capital markets for the next generation of business owners and investors
- We work really hard but play really hard as well
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies and priorities
- Provide legal support and advice to senior management and all internal stakeholders on legal matters
- Draft, review and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, which includes third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements
- Review, update and recommend for approval standard documentation, in accordance with market and industry practice
- Review and provide recommendations on the legal aspects and considerations for resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Monitor changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle legal or regulatory developments and updates
- Provide time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal enquiries in all operational and commercial aspects
- Identify and consult on legal or regulatory risks in connection with the company’s developments
- Track and organise legal documents received as well as deadlines
- Liaise with and / or manage external counsel and/or external corporate secretarial firms and third-party legal service providers
- Review or update business or client-facing documents to reflect latest legal trends, rules and regulations, data protection laws, and / or best practices in the industry
- Perform any other legal-related duties or provide support for affiliated or related companies as and when assigned and directed by head of department or management
Skills & Experience Required
- Possesses a law degree from a recognised university with at least 4 to 6 years’ post-qualification legal experience in Singapore, Hong Kong, UK, Malaysia and / or other Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Admitted to practice in Singapore, Hong Kong, UK, Malaysia and / or other Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Candidates with a working knowledge of securities and / or fintech regulation in Singapore and / or of the Asia Pacific region will be prioritised
- High degree of independence, initiative, and decisiveness
- Articulate, good drafting skills and highly effective in communication
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment
- Strong time management and organizational skills; able to manage and meet multiple deadlines
- A strong team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Keen interest in understanding in cryptocurrency, blockchain technology and digital assets
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and a fast learner who is organized, meticulous, and highly detail-oriented individual who would thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high-pressure work environment
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest and would like to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.