We’re building the future of private financial markets
Traditionally a space only for the wealthy and well-connected, we believe in a future where private markets are more accessible to investors and fundraisers. By leveling the playing field we hope to create a more equitable economy, where inspiring companies are connected to inspired investors, whoever and wherever they are.
Leveraging our trusted brand, global networks and incredible team, we’re building a technology-enabled ecosystem that is as diverse and dynamic as our investor network. As we progress on this ambitious journey, we’re looking for energetic and creative people to support and leave their mark on our platform.
Alta, formerly known as Fundnel, is Southeast Asia’s largest digital marketplace for alternative investments. Alta gives investors direct access to invest and trade in a wide range of curated alternative assets, from direct investment into early to late-stage private companies, PE/VC funds, asset-backed securities of luxury assets, real estate and more.
As a licensed integrated marketplace, Alta brings the trading and distribution of securities, fund management, and payments solutions under one roof. Through its blockchain-powered exchange, Alta is also able to support tokenization, digital custody, and trading of alternative assets.
Today, while more investors are looking to increase their allocation to alternative assets, the high costs of investing and illiquidity of private markets can often give many investors pause. Alta makes it easier and more efficient than ever for investors to trade tokenized alternative assets at smaller, fractionalized blocks, thereby enhancing liquidity in the private markets, and bringing alternative assets to all.
Since 2016, Alta has completed over 1,000 transactions valued in excess of US$600 million and has created access for investors to invest in over US$22 billion worth of mandated opportunities globally.
Alta is headquartered in Singapore and operates offices globally.
We're looking for passionate leaders to join our proven team as Investment Associate based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Some things to know before you apply.
- We have big plans to disrupt the traditional fundraising process for private businesses.
- You will work with a diverse team of former investment bankers, strategy consultants and businessowners in developing, monitoring, and improving products to facilitate the activity of private investing.
- Everything we do is focused on helping build the private capital markets for the next generation of business owners and investors.
- We work hard but play hard as well.
- Deal sourcing and origination
- Analysing feasibility of deals, appropriating deal structures for funding and deal execution
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the team in deal origination efforts in the region.
- Drive the development and continued cultivation of client relationships, gaining an understanding of the interests and investment criteria of investors.
- Prepare presentation documents including pitch books, brief company descriptions and proposals across multiple industries.
- Build and run financial models on relevant companies and/or projects where appropriate.
- Conduct due diligence, perform investment research, analyse, and prepare materials relating to deals or companies.
- Execution of live transactions (equity crowdfunding, private capital markets and listings on Alta Exchange where applicable)
- Assist in management of client relationships and handle client queries where appropriate.
- Provide general assistance to other senior members of the team.
You’ll be a great fit for us if you
- At least 2-3 years of working experience in an analytical role e.g., investment banking, corporate advisory/accounting, management consulting, or senior finance positions at leading startups
- Fresh graduates may apply but will be subject to rigorous rounds of financial analysis and critical thinking exercises.
- A working knowledge of capital-raising methods like stocks, bonds, and other securities
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a must.
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written & verbal
The Ideal Candidate Should Be
- highly detail-oriented, and strong quantitatively
- Able to work independently and enjoy working in a team.
- Adaptable & Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressure environment.
- Proficient at research, due diligence and able to get smart about a breadth of industries quickly.
- An excellent listener with exceptional writing skills